Friday, September 3, 2010

I do not take my country music lightly

Yes, it is in fact my second YouTube video of the day.

I have reasons, though!  You see, my life the past two days hasn't been really anything to write home about.  I've had my orientations for my online classes, done some homework, and learned about some cool stuff I get to do this year sight-seeing wise, because my dad's work is offering tours of some really neat places on the weekends. But I don't want to spoil all my future blogging by telling you about it now!

I wanted to share, though, this powerful video.  It's Carrie Underwood at the CMA's performing "Jesus Take the Wheel."  That may sound ordinary, but it's not.  At the end of the song, she transformed it into a big, powerful singing of the hymn "How Great Thou Art."  It gave me goosebumps.

I'm frustrated with ABC, because on television, they cut out the hymn part and cut to a video of "A day in the life of Taylor Swift."  Now, I love me some Taylor, but I find it absolutely infuriating that they cut out a hymn.  Anyone have a guess as to why?

Now watch!



Sound off in the comments:  What do you think about ABC's choice to cut the hymn?

And also, um, Carrie Underwood?  Girl's got pipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude, Vulgar, and/or Offensive comments will be deleted promptly. So play nice, kids. :)