Sunday, April 24, 2011

Let's get the ball rolling. Again.

So I've been away.  No, I'm still tucked in my little corner of Rome, but I've been "away" from my blogs, enjoying Spring Break.  Immensely.  But I'm back, and I'm ready to get back in the saddle!

I've pretty much given up on the Venice posts seeing as I for the life of me can't find the pictures I took.  That poses a bit of a problem, you see. So, I'm going to direct you to my mom's blog!  Just scroll and scroll and enjoy.  She's fantastic, that mother of mine.

Now, here's the deal.  I'm thinking that first, you need to enter my giveaways, because they close tomorrow.  So head on over there.

And another thing that I'm thinking is that the last post I wrote went over fairly well, and I want to be doing more of those.  I love to write, I love to inform, and I love to just share little bits of my brain with all of you.

I'm actually beginning to consider studying to be a journalist when I head to college.  I've just lately realized how dear to me words are, and the power of them and the ways in which they can be used to change everything intrigue me deeply.  You can certainly look for more of those sort of posts in the future.

Also, I'm trying to write more poetry.  I may share some of that with you all as well.  Some of it I can't share, because it's how I journal.  Instead of a diary, I simply write poems every night before I go to sleep!  It's become a great challenge, but in a good way.  Structuring my thoughts and feelings into poetry makes me think about what I'm thinking and feeling in a way that I wouldn't have before, because I have to make comparisons to other things, or find descriptive terms.  This simply makes the thought clearer, and helps me sort out whatever it is that was bothering me, or it makes me even more grateful for the thing that was making me happy.

All of this is to say that I'm back, and oh so happy to be.  I've missed posting regularly, but it just became something I physically could not do.  But I'm going to make a little time every night to write to you if at all possible, and so please, stick around!

Happy Easter, everyone, and have a lovely day.

He is risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude, Vulgar, and/or Offensive comments will be deleted promptly. So play nice, kids. :)