Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday-Funday: Some things

{1}  Quote of the day:  "Joad said, 'You're bound to get idears if you go thinkin' about stuff."  - Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck.

{2}  It's very spring-y out.  I've been wearing open-toed shoes, t-shirts, and sundresses in the past few days.  I may be whiter than sour cream but I just have to glory in the sunshine.

{3}  I've been mentally adding things to my bucket list.  I need to go to a Harry Connick Jr. concert, I must go visit Holland when the tulip fields are wild and bright, and I want to be able to do at least 50 push-ups without stopping.

{4}  Right now, I'm low-carbing.  I was eating healthfully before, but I was absolutely addicted to carbs and I just couldn't shake the little pudge around my middle.  So I'm now on Day 6.  The cravings are lessening a bit, and I'm finding that I feel better during the day.  I don't have more energy yet, nor is this easy, but I've learned so far that I can drink coffee without sugar and I am also strong enough to say no to birthday cake.  True story.

{5}  I'm moving to Alabama for the summer in a little under 10 weeks.  I've got so much school to do before then, and I've got to figure out what to ship and what to leave here for later.  I'm probably going to get a job as a waitress or something along those lines, and I'm so excited!  I can't wait to have a normal, American summer.  Then in August I'll be off to college!

{6}  College. I'm maybe a little terrified.  But mostly jazzed.

{7}  I miss a lot of people right now. I miss seeing their faces when we talk instead of just passing messages back and forth.  Skype is great, but I just never get around to using it as much as I could.  Ah, the worries of an online student.

{8}  I am swamped with school.  I'm blogging because I need a minute to rest my brain, but seriously, it's bananas.  I've got my senior thesis defense in two weeks, so I'm crazed about getting all the kinks worked out of that.  Also, AP econ is not my thing and I'm trying to beat it.  But I can do anything for ten weeks, right?

{9}  I've been making some new friends at my church.  The kids there are really very sweet, and it's been refreshing.  I think I even convinced one to come visit me in Alabama this summer!

{10}  I love following politics.  I do not love how some people skew truth and spew hatred instead of trying to seek truth in everything.  If you believe what you believe and I disagree, that's fine.  I will never resent you for it.  And yet, if I believe differently than you, you demonize me and those like me.  It's endlessly frustrating and it raises my blood pressure.

{11}  I could really go for a piece of bread right now.

Monday isn't my favorite, but positivity! Keeps! Me! Sane!  So Monday Funday it is.

Later, skaters.

-Caro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude, Vulgar, and/or Offensive comments will be deleted promptly. So play nice, kids. :)