Tuesday, January 11, 2011

WW and Whatnot

I'm on the final book of the Twilight Saga now, and boy howdy do I have a lot to blog about.  But I'm going to wait.  I'm going to finish it out and then release my opinions onto the internet.

And if you're a "Twi-hard" fan, then I ask that you do not read the post, because, I assure you, you will not appreciate my words.

------

I thought, for accountability of sorts, that I would go ahead and tell you this new little lifestyle I'm living. It's called...

Weight Watchers.

Now, before anyone goes crazy thinking I have body-image issues and am crash-dieting, fear not!  Weight Watchers is a lifestyle, and it's really, really great.

I'm only on my second day, but I already feel a difference.  You count points based on the foods you eat, measured by the calculator on the WW website.  For instance, a tablespoon of sugar is one point.  I have a limit of 29 points every day, based on the fact that I lie within the healthy range on the BMI (body-mass-index) scale.  If I were overweight, I would then have more points, because it's not good to shock your usual diet too quickly.

In addition, I also am starting at 15 minutes a day for exercise.  I've been running up and down the stairs in our apartment building and then doing lunges, crunches, stretches, push-ups, etc. in my room.

This is... certainly not easy.  I've always struggled with fitness, because I really don't like getting sweaty and gross, and I'm always sore after the fact.  But let me tell you, though my calves burn every time I move and my stomach muscles (or lack thereof) tense when I bend the wrong way, I feel great.  I like knowing that it's all for a good reason.

I don't have any specific goals with this.  I'm not aiming to lose fifteen pounds or anything like that; I just want to be healthier.  I have five servings of fruits and veggies a day and eight glasses of water, and at the end of day two I already feel better.  This whole WW thing is purely a lifestyle change.  I like it because I can eat the foods I like, but counting points makes me aware of what exactly I'm eating.

(Let me tell you, if I sat down in front of a movie, I could probably down two sleeves of Ritz crackers without thinking about it.  The ten I devoured counted out lovingly on my plate with veggie soup last night?  Four points!  That's some perspective.  And every one of them tasted really, really, really good because I was aware.)

That's all for now, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude, Vulgar, and/or Offensive comments will be deleted promptly. So play nice, kids. :)