I've been hanging out with my family, and will be for about a week more, so that's why the blogging is pretty slow. I've decided, to spice it up a bit, to steal the 30 Day Project from my friend Emilyann!
So here we go with Day 1!
|This was my favorite outfit this winter. People kept telling me I looked very "French." Hmm. (And this picture turned out blurry on blogger; I'm not sure why.)|
1. I love to do crazy things with my makeup when no one's around to laugh at me.
2. I like to read on my Kindle, but when I pick up a real, live book, I like to smell it and flip the pages between my fingers and listen to the binding creak as a new story is unmasked.
3. I still have no idea what my career-calling is. I know I want to be a wife and mother over anything else, but I have to choose something to fall back on in case that just doesn't happen. I have so many things I'd enjoy doing for my career, that I just can't choose.
4. When people ask for my advice in regards to style, hair, makeup, etc., it just makes my day. I love doing that for people.
5. I used to be really, really freckly. I mean really, really, really freckly. But I started wearing sunscreen every day, and now I hardly have any freckles on my face at all. Pale as a ghost.
6. I keep having dreams about meeting my fellow online scholars this summer in Pennsylvania. It's going to be a blast!
7. Lately, I've struggled with a bit of social anxiety. I don't mind talking to grown-ups, and I don't mind talking to teens if I'm in a place where I'm comfortable and where they are the new person. But lately I've been in situations with a bunch of new teens I've never met, and it scares the life out of me. I'm going to get over it by making myself go to my grandparents' church's youth group on Wednesday... I just have to face the music, folks.
8. That dog in my last post? Yeah, sorry if there was a miscommunication, but she's not mine. She's my grandparents'. Boy, am I going to miss her when I go back home!
9. I spoil that dog.
10. I sleep in the car (accidentally) anywhere I go. Today, on the way to dinner, I slept so hard that when I woke up, my head was just hanging down on my chest and had caused an awful crick in my neck that still hasn't gone away. Mental note: lean head against window.
11. I don't know what to wear the past few days. We packed for cold weather because that's what they were having here before we came. Then, it got really warm and we bought a bunch of t-shirts. Now it's in the 40s. I have no idea how to handle this.
12. Along the same lines, I'm no good at season changes since I grew up in Hawaii. I keep telling my mama and Yaya what I want to buy for different styles and they keep saying "It's almost spring. That's too wintry." I have no idea how to handle this.
13. I love to debate. Most of the kids in my online school do, and I love just really getting in there on big topics.
15. I haven't worn heels for about two months. I was standing next to my Yaya in church and realized I felt strange, being so close to the ground. Usually when I go to church with her, I'm towering above her because of my church heels, but I didn't bring them because of the weather/seasonal issues. I'm 5'8, so you can imagine I might be a bit lofty in heels.
And that's all for now, folks! I'm going to try not to do anymore lists for a few days. See you tomorrow!