Saturday, August 7, 2010

Choosy teenagers choose Jif

This quite a busy morning!  I had to wake up at the unearthly hour of 7:00 am.  It was... traumatic.

Oh, I'm kidding.  Kind of.

I woke up, ate my cinnamon toast crunch, got ready, and then got all of my suitcases prepared to go.  We then packed up all of our luggage and food and headed out the door!  Now, we're packed into our apartment (for the most part), and I'm happy to remove all my clothes out of my suitcases.

Tomorrow we are heading to Naples because there's a military base there.  On the base, there is a commissary that sells American products and basic necessities.  We'll load up on bulk items like frozen meat and cereal, and house items like clothes hangers, drinking glasses, cleaning products and so on.

Ever since we got here, I've been craving peanut butter.  It's not something you find in Italian grocery stores!  They prefer Nutella, which I like, but it's just so unhealthy!

So, imagine my pleasure as we were digging through some leftover canned items from the people who lived here before us (They just moved out on Thursday, I think) and my mom pulled out two little containers of PEANUT BUTTER.

Squealing ensued.

An Ode... to Peanut Butter


Peanut Butter
Oh, Peanut Butter
How I've loved you for so long.
Peanut Butter
Oh, Peanut Butter
Life without you is so wrong.
I thought our friendship had come to a stop
For nary a shelf, a counter, a shop
Held your sweet yummy goodness,
This dilemma caused much stress,
Which only you could solve, peanut butter.
And then across a crowded kitchen
I re-fell in love, I was re-smitten,
And I ran to you, my heart aflutter
Oh my dear, my sweet peanut butter.


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude, Vulgar, and/or Offensive comments will be deleted promptly. So play nice, kids. :)