Friday, August 6, 2010

I Dream of Memes #1

So, it's Friday! (At least here in Italy, I don't know about y'all.)

I have decided to create a weekly (specifically for Fridays) meme.

Meme:
(/meem/)  A game or list that one fills out on a "blog" or other "internet""website."

And if it looks like I made that definition up, I did.

But seriously, that's what it is.

So from now on, every single Friday, without any exceptions, there will be a meme.


Or whenever I remember.

Each will have a theme.  This week's theme?  Childhood.  (Granted, in a lot of respects I'm still a child but I mean young childhood.  Not teen childhood, necessarily.)

Questions to answer are after the directions.

How to play:


1.  Answer all questions.  No skipping.
2.  Post your answers in the comments, or post it on your blog and put the link in the comments. But make sure it's in the comments so I can read it!
3.  Lastly, please, please, please play.  I want to learn about y'all!  Later on, in a separate post, I will put up my answers.

GO!


1.  What did you want to be when you grew up? (You can name up to 3 occupations.)


2.  Name one (or two, I'm not gonna fight ya) traditions that your family always (and maybe still does) uphold.


3.  What was one thing you had to have to be able to sleep as a small child? (examples: blankies, night-light, glass of warm milk, etc.)


4.  What pet did you have when you were little?


5.  Were you the kid who was inside reading during recess, or the one out playing with the other kids?  (Homeschoolers:  you can just tell us what you do for a break during the school day.)  


6.  What was your favorite dish that your mama cooked?


7.  Name a favorite memory or two from as early as you can remember.


8.  What was one thing you really wanted for a birthday or Christmas and never got?


9.  What did you do for fun when you had nothing else to do?   

10.  In what ways has your personality changed since you were little?


Thanks for playing!


2 comments:

  1. 1. Pro soccer player. Straight up

    2. Whenever/wherever we drive, each family member present in the car says a prayer.

    3. Night light

    4. Two fish, and a rabbit.

    5. OUTSIDE!! If there was oxygen, and sunlight, and grass, and a soccer ball, there was NO WAY under the sun that you are keepin' me indoors :)

    6. Well... she didn't actually have to cook it (it was Ramen Noodles).

    7. Chilling at mah grandma's house.

    8. A cell phone

    9. Went outside and played soccer, played videogames, ate, read... played videogames...

    10. I've become more patient with my little brothers. (dont know if that counts?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... it's been a long time since I've done one of these but I thought I'd do it just for you :)

    1. What did you want to be when you grew up? (You can name up to 3 occupations.)


    i'm still not sure what i want to be! i've always been interested in working in film (directing), and photography was an early dream as well. I also did and still do want to open a store.


    2. Name one (or two, I'm not gonna fight ya) traditions that your family always (and maybe still does) uphold.

    When we lived in Auburn, we cleaned the house every Friday and then had pizza and watched a rented movie that night. It was called... pizza night.

    3. What was one thing you had to have to be able to sleep as a small child? (examples: blankies, night-light, glass of warm milk, etc.)

    Oh goodness. All of the above, except I usually had a glass of water, not milk, and I slept with my stuffed "Wishbone" dog as well as a blankie. It was also mandatory that my teeth were brushed, I had JUST gone to the bathroom, my stuffed animals and toys and pillows were arranged just so, my door was open, etc etc. Even then it still took awhile to fall asleep... sometimes I would just lay there til the sun came up.

    4. What pet did you have when you were little?

    I had a pet grasshopper one summer named Nibbles. He was awesome. I also had a demonic rabbit named Honey Bunny.


    5. Were you the kid who was inside reading during recess, or the one out playing with the other kids? (Homeschoolers: you can just tell us what you do for a break during the school day.)

    Always outside, although I didn't necessarily participate in every game. Jump rope games = failure.


    6. What was your favorite dish that your mama cooked?

    Pesto pasta. Yum.

    7. Name a favorite memory or two from as early as you can remember.

    I remember laying in my crib and crying because my blanket was scratchy. I also remember laying in my crib at Gammy and Bebop's and watching that mobile they used to have in there.


    8. What was one thing you really wanted for a birthday or Christmas and never got?

    I usually had to save up for the stuff I really wanted.

    9. What did you do for fun when you had nothing else to do?

    Read, played computer games, played outside. Mostly the first two.

    10. In what ways has your personality changed since you were little?

    I've chilled out a lot, and I don't always try to let everyone know how much smarter I am than they are. Other than that, I've been through phases where I thought I was a totally different person than I was when I was little... but I'm really not. Mostly I am the same person with more wisdom. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Rude, Vulgar, and/or Offensive comments will be deleted promptly. So play nice, kids. :)