Tuesday, August 17, 2010

In which the inmate runs the asylum's dinner proceedings

Today was a lovely day!  I woke up at 7 (the only un-lovely part of my day), and got ready to go babysit three cute kids who live on our block.

Before I continue, I have to say something.  I detest 7 o'clock.  Don't ask me why.  I can handle (we're using a loose definition of "handle" here) getting up at 6:30, 7:30, 6:00, or even, at times, earlier than 5:00.  But for some reason, whenever I must wake at 7, I am way less than thrilled.

I'm pretty sure I just heard a lot of people click the "you have issues" button below the post.

Why yes, yes I do!

Moving on... After babysitting, I came home and took a nap.  I had gotten up at 7, remember?  Also, I didn't sleep last night because I had a terrible nightmare, and I never can sleep after those dastardly night-terrors.  Night intensifies fright, as I always say.  Actually, that's the first time I have ever said that.  But you get my point.

After a delightful nap, I read my book for a couple of hours. (Is not summer vacation the stuff of miracles?)  I then skipped and frolicked over to the market to get a couple of groceries, and then I pranced and flitted back to our apartment.  I read my book some more, and then I made a caprese salad appetizer for mi famiglia.  Y'all.  Buffalo Mozzarella cheese?  Yes.

I then proceeded to make supper.  I then proceeded to not take any pictures because I'm a dork.  But, I can tell you it was a Pioneer Woman recipe (Grilled Chicken with Lemon Basil Pasta) that was yummy.  I would actually say that I wouldn't use so much lemon next time, but other than that, it was really tasty.  I think the reason it was too lemony (lemonie? lemonee?  lemonicious?) is because the lemons here are really, really juicy and I used the same amount (4 lemons) she used in the recipe.  Perhaps Oklahoma lemons and Italy lemons are a wee different.

Oh, and everyone, you are welcome to come visit because we have TONS of leftovers. We are drowning in pasta-y goodness.  SOS. Save Our Stomachs. From getting really, really fat.

Please.

Now that I've managed to make you question my sanity and now that I've turned two foods into adjectives, I think I should shut down the laptop and go sleep in my little bed and have nightmares about 7.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude, Vulgar, and/or Offensive comments will be deleted promptly. So play nice, kids. :)