Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Sunday has been positively RIVETING

Yesterday was fantastic!  I slept in, ate some eggs and bacon prepared by Chef Padre, did some tidying of yon bedchamber, and then proceeded to fret over my clothing.  I'm so tired of summer clothes... I really just want to wear boots and jeans and sweaters and UGH I AM SO TIRED OF SHORTS AND TANK TOPS BUT IT IS SO SO HOT.

*ahem*

After I threw on a skirt and a tee, RF and her parents picked me up and we made the two-hour trip to Napoli in their fabulous silver Prius.  It's groovy, baby.  We listened to her iPod, I made fun of her adoration for the band "My Chemical Romance" and she made fun of the fact that I think Justin Bieber is adorable.  Luckily the teasing stopped when I found one of his songs on her iPod.  

Apparently it was "free" and that's the "only" reason she "grudgingly" owns it.

Ha.

We got a snack when we got to Naples, and then walked around the Exchange and looked at clothes and shoes and school supplies.  I wanted one of the Jansport backpacks; this season they have really cute patterns on their bags.  

On to Eat Pray Love.  Blah.

Blah!

It was so... slow.  I liked the part in Italy because most of the time RF and I could point out places we've been.  (OOH! OOH! I'VE TOUCHED THAT!! I'VE SEEEEN THATTTT!!!  OH MY GOSH WE'RE IN NAPLES RIGHT NOW!!!  JUST LIKE JULIA ROBERTS!!)  But the rest of the movie was... not very exciting.  I don't know.  I'd give it a... 1 1/2 out of 10.  I so wanted to like it.

This morning, Sunday, I woke up at 8 and got a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  I realized something was the matter when I didn't really feel like finishing it, my head was pounding, and I couldn't really breathe or swallow because of the soreness of my throat.

Hmm.

Methinks I have a cold.

My mom had a sore throat too, so we stayed in today.  My dad and I are watching tv, and my mom is napping.  And that's about it for today, I'm not up for a Roman adventure, though I think it may be a tad bit cooler out, based on the thermometer on my computer.  Not that I've actually been outside.  

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude, Vulgar, and/or Offensive comments will be deleted promptly. So play nice, kids. :)