Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Enti-tea of Tea, or, Tea amo.

My dear Uncle Marshall is visiting the Malone apartment for a week.  He enjoys being in the kitchen immensely, and so I am getting some really good food at this juncture.

This is perfectly fine with me.

He is the owner of Teasy Teas, formerly Portsmouth Tea, and his teas are outstanding.  The site isn't up yet, but I want you all to keep checking until it is, and you will not be sorry. I mean it.

I am sipping a little concoction that he made, and I thought, with his permission, that I would share the recipe with you all.

Lemon-Rooibus Iced Tea:

What you will need:

6 (or so, depending how strong you like it) teaspoons of rooibus tea. (Also known as red-bush)
Water
1/2 a lemon
Simple Syrup (or just plain ol' sugar)

How to make it:

1.  Fill a small pot with some water.
2.  Spoon in your 6 teaspoons of rooibus loose tea, and toss in a slice or two of lemon.
3.  Bring it to a boil.
4.  Turn off the stove, and let the tea sit in the hot water (fancy people call that "steeping") for no fewer than 10 minutes, though past that you can steep it as long as you like.  
5.  Strain the liquid into a a pitcher, or teapot, or whatever you wish to store it in.  You can leave the lemons in the pot.  


How to serve it:

1.  Put ice in a shaker or any cup with a lid that you can shake vigorously.
2.  Squeeze about two lemon slices over the ice in the cup/shaker.
3.  Pour the tea over this, add just a titch or a dab or a smidgen of sugar/simple syrup, and close the lid.
4.  Shake,shake,shake... shake,shake,shake... shake your ICED TEA
5.  Pour into a glass.
6.  Chug.


Delightful, no?  Perfection in a glass, I'd say.

Have a tea-riffic day!

Someone, please stop me.  These puns are just absolute obsceni-tea.  They're monstrosi-teas.  I'm feeling a little guil-tea.