Way-ull. Tomorrow (If I'm not mistaken) is the first day of fall. I COULD NOT BE MORE THRILLED ABOUT THIS. I can't wait for cool weather.... coats... boots.... hats... scarves... ahhhh....
I am participating in a meme, because I can't think of anything else to say to y'all, and it's called "The Random Dozen."
And before you ask, yeah, I probably won't do it every week. In fact, I'd bet 100 bucks that I forget for the next three months. And, you do not have to participate. There we go! Pressure is now officially off all parties.
So here goes:
1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything?
Perfect Attendance Award, 4th grade. Boo-yah.
2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
My dear ol' Dad. Hence the whole "Living in Rome" aspect of my life.
3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
O, say, can you see that hearing the National Anthem sung at events and sports games always makes me feel very proud to be an American. Where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the ones--- ok, you get the picture. Really any patriotic song, The National Anthem, Proud to be an American, Red white and Bluegrass, all make me very happy. And yes, I'm not kidding about that last one.
4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
I'm the youngest. And yes, it did. It made my personality the CUTEST. :) Just kidding. No, I think I'm glad I was younger, because I have my big brother Willie to look up to. I don't know if my personality would have been different, but I don't honestly think I'm cut out to be the oldest, so I'm glad God knew that... :)
5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
There are tons. I think general organization skills from my Mama and my Yaya would be nice. But then, I wish I was more adventurous and sweet like my Gammy, and more hoo-hoo-ha-ha funny like my Papa and my Daddy, and more cultured, linguistically and in regards to cooking, and like my Bebob. You asked for one, I gave you five. Wasn't that generous of me?
My family is downright swell, y'all.
6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
I'm a girl's girl, you see. I would wear a skirt/dress almost everyday, though I do love my Gap jeans and my sweats. But I'd say I'm more of a skirt girl.
7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
Umm, I'd say I wake approximately MAYBE once, on average. I'm a good sleeper. To go back to sleep, I generally just have to curl up in a ball and shut my eyes. The end.
8. Share a favorite movie quote.
"It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door. I'll give you two."
-Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's.
9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
Huuuummmm... well, it's hard to explain, really. We don't have it this year because it's in a storage container in who-knows-where at the moment, but we have a cute candle that looks like a tree trunk with a squirrel on it. Even if you don't light it, it fills the air with this sweet aroma that just makes me so happy. It won't seem like fall without it...
10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
WEARING CUTE, WARM CLOTHES. I don't think I've said that before, have I?
11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
My uncle decided to come to visit! He'll be here in a few hours. He's my dad's twin, so I'll be saying this a lot:
"Questo e il mio zio. Lui e' il fratello gemello di mio padre." "This is my uncle. He is my father's twin brother."
Didn't even need easy-translate.com, baby. WOOHOO!
12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?
Actually, you know, it was quite an interesting experience! They were so kind and sweet and...
Hehe. Just kidding. Because I'm 16! Ha! Get it? GET IT? HA... Ha.... ha.... ha.... ha...ha....