Friday, September 24, 2010

Thankful Thursday

{Updated to add:  A few hours after I posted this, I realized it was, in fact, Friday.  Not Thursday.  Please forgive my blatant disregard of time.  But I'm not changing the title. It's catchy.}

Today, I'm just a doing a quick post to quickly say the things for which I'm thankful today.

1.  Cool weather.  When I video-chatted with my brother Will last night, I sat out on my balcony.  I was so cold that I put on a thick hoodie! It was fantastic.

2.  Espresso.  Need I say more?

3.  Uncle Marshall's visiting.  We're having a fun time!

4.  My new-found motivation.  All of a sudden, I'm very driven to do my schoolwork and do it well, and I'm trying hard to help keep the house clean.  This is weird for me.... Those of you who know me are probably pretty shocked right about now.  Usually it's a struggle for me to do things I'm supposed to be doing, but lately my conscience has been eating away at me until I do what I'm supposed to be doing.  But it is only by God's grace that this is the case!

5.  My teachers.  My mom, my geometry teacher, and my rhetoric II teacher.  They are all truly delightful.  I struck gold this year!

6.  My online buddies.  I have so many friends now through my online school! I'm really hoping I can go to the gathering at the end of the year and meet them all in person!

7.  Living in Rome. Again, need I say more?

8.  My laptop.  She's my baby.  Her name is Sue.

9.  The plants and herbs on our front balcony.  I love watering them in the evenings and looking at them while I study.

10.  Cookies.  In fact, I think I'll go make some right now....

11.  Above all, God's overwhelming mercy to me.  Who am I that he should love me?  What have I ever done to deserve his affection?  Nothing.  But he does just the same, and it's beautiful, and it fills me with joy and hope.

That's all for now.  Of course, I'm thankful for much more than that!  But that's just a glimpse into my mind right now.

Love,

2 comments:

  1. May your days be filled with many opportunities to give thanks and may you be aware of each one of them!

    Have a most joyous day!

    Te extrañamos en clase. Espero que tu italiano vaya muy bien :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Gracias! Echo de menos la clase mucho. Ruega por mi italiano, porque no soy muy bueno en eso! Dile a la clase yo digo "hola".

    Much love,
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete

Rude, Vulgar, and/or Offensive comments will be deleted promptly. So play nice, kids. :)