Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I don't make this stuff up

Sup, y'all.

It's 9:30 pm, and I think I'll head off to bed soon.  Just thought I'd go ahead and check in since I don't think I'll be able to blog tomorrow, but we'll see.

Last night, I went to bed and my knee was a little sore, but I figured that was just from all the walking I've been doing.  So, when I woke up this morning, I was not excited to notice that me knee was still sore.  Luckily, though, it was bearable.  I sat down to do some schoolwork, and around 9:30 I got up to hug my mom as she walked out the door to go check out the outlet mall.  I noticed that, uh, I couldn't really walk.

I texted mom a bit later asking what I should do, and she told me to take a motrin and maybe ice it.  I got up, took the motrin, and fashioned an ice-pack that would stay on my knee using a dish towel and a rubberband.  It was very fashionable.

The ice pack in the towel secured around my knee stayed on!  It was just one of those plastic square things that you keep in the freezer, and it was placed on the back of my knee.  So I happily began to walk back to my desk, aka our breakfast room table.

Well.

You know how if someone kicks the back of your leg, around your knee, you kind of fall forward?

WELL.

Apparently the same thing happens if you put something big, square, and hard behind your knee and then try to walk.  I took one step, and fell down.

Come on!  After laughing for a moment at how silly I knew I looked, I adjusted my gait.  I then went on to do more school work, because I'm nothing if not entirely studious.

Well.

I was having trouble concentrating, but managed to push through a bunch of reading and some note taking and some pyramid making.  (Geometry, aka, arts and crafts.  Which I've never been good at.)

Mom got home as I was frustratedly trying to even out my scale model of a real pyramid.  I was getting more frustrated then was probably appropriate.  Then I was having trouble turning in some homework on my computer, and I couldn't find my homework assignment for another class on my computer.  So, naturally, I started crying.

Mama, understandably, was rather confused by my response to the situation, and came over to my work space to give me a hug.  She kind of looked at me funny and asked if I was hot.

"Uh, well, that wasn't the first thing on my mind, but yeah I guess I kind of am."

"Well, I'm pretty sure you're running a fever."

oh.

OH.

Well that explains everything, except the knee.  I'm sick!  I'm so glad to hear that I'm not just going crazy.

Actually, on second thought, I am going crazy, but that's been on going for 16 years, so that's off topic.

So, then, mom had to go to a hair appointment, and the electrician and mosquito screen (for our windows) guys came.  And our landlord and his slightly intimidating mother.  And I had to try to deal with them.

I don't speak Italian, in case you forgot.  My dad was supposed to be there, but he was held up at work.  (It's been a busy day here today.)  So that was really fun.

In a nerve-wracking, sorry-if-I-throw-up-on-your-shoes-and-then-cry-on-your-nice-new-jacket kind of way.  Luckily, I managed to push through, and Dad got home to finish with the proceedings.

I made it into my online class, and when that was done, I was done.  I plopped on the sofa, grabbed my Kindle, read two pages, and fell asleep.  I woke up at 7:30 (not kidding) and felt nauseated, yet hungry.  I didn't think I could stomach anything heavy, so I decided against the chicken my mom made.  I had, instead, half a sleeve of Ritz crackers, a string cheese, and later, a bagel.

I eat like a three year old.  Don't judge me.

Now, I'm going to bed.  I have already told my parents that if my leg hurts like this tomorrow, I'm going to the hospital.  I don't even know if I was joking.  But I am really tired of all the limping.

Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a day! I hope your knee heals up and your fever goes away soon! And dont worry, I eat like a three year old too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Rude, Vulgar, and/or Offensive comments will be deleted promptly. So play nice, kids. :)