- Saran wrap. It's so helpful when I'm
too lazy to dig for a tupperware containercleaning up my leftovers.
- My laptop. But I love her all the time. Hi, Sue! Even though your shift key is lose and you can be a bit slow, I love you nonetheless.
- My weirdo cake.
- Cream cheese frosting. To top my weirdo cake. Yes, ma'am. It's a wonder I'm not a whale
- My mother's great taste in music. I've been jammin' to her playlist all. day. long.
- Cold weather. Y'all. I wore my leather jacket to the store today, and everybody else was wearing jackets too. I'm WAY beyond thrilled.
- My boyfriend jeans. (Read: this is a style/name/shape of jeans. I don't even have a boyfriend. No, thank you.) But seriously, these jeans are great. Gap; 1969; rolled up to a cuff... ahh. Perfection.
- A market right across the street. Very handy.
- My snuggie. I'm rather sick at the moment (I know, again!) and it keeps me cozy.
- The pretty orchids on the table.
- Mozzarella with olive oil and balsamic
- ACE. Pronounced Ach-ay. It's got vitamins A, C, and E, and is made up of carrot, lemon, and something else juice. It's delicious.
- Getting to proofread Uncle Marshall's sermon. Ah, the power of the red pen!
- Coldplay... cento percento.
Things I did not like today:
- Forgetting to wear closed-toed shoes to the market (cut me a break, I lived in Hawaii most of my life) and coming home with cold toes.
- When people leave their shopping baskets on the floor and stand smack in the middle of the aisle, and don't move when I say "permesso." How rude!
- When there aren't any plastic bags left for produce so I can't buy any more bananas. (You have to have a bag to buy produce here... I'm not just a weird-y who has to use a bag.)
- When I can't remember the words to a song I really like.
- The sad verse in the song Molly Malone about how "she died of a fever and no one could save her..." (Wail! Gnash teeth!)
- When the mint plant outside just. won't. grow.
- Dead tomatoes.
- Uncle Marshall is leaving today.
- When I had to use powdered vanilla for my cream cheese frosting. (I know! What is that, even?)
- Too-abrasive Italian boys. They make me nervous. I mean, it's flattering that you think I'm "carina" but would you please not scare me by saying it out loud while I'm going to the market?? It freaks me out! That is no way to win over a lady. (insert sigh.... here)
And that's about it for now. Arrivederci, kiddos.