I've been tagged by my buddy Valentina for this meme. I have to tell you 25 "secrets." But she said they don't necessarily have to be secrets, but I can just have some things people may not know about me. I think I've done this kind of thing before, but I'll give it another go. I never pass up a tag!!
1. I like hanging out with babies almost more than I like hanging out with grown people. They like to cuddle, I like to cuddle, and they don't do mean things. It's really a win-win-win situation we got here.
2. I love shopping, but I dislike trying on clothes immensely. I would like to spend that time ogling and actually purchasing. Wouldn't it be nice if everything just instantly always fit?
3. Everybody tells me my hair looks pretty when it's straight, and people rarely compliment it when it's curly. I understand this I guess, but I feel better when my hair is curly. I just love the way it moves. So, sorry everyone for offending you.
4. My hair is suddenly stick. straight. It used to be really wavy and textured. I think it's because I have a long curl shaft, and when I lopped it off, it cut off the waved part nearer the bottom. I am, suffice it to say, growing my hair out again.
5. I spend too much time on makeup some days, but I don't do it to look like a super model. Because, let's face it, that's never going to happen. I just do it because I have fun mixing colors and looks. Makeup to me is like drawing to other, most likely more sophisticated, people.
6. The term "self esteem" is sort of one of my pet peeves. Even some Christians promote it. I get the jist, but basically, you're saying that you need to esteem yourself. How is that what God wants us to do? Aren't we supposed to die to self and live to be defined by Him?
7. On the other hand, I don't think people shouldn't care at all what they look like. It's a courtesy to others, and we're supposed to take care of our bodies because they are temples. But self-esteem isn't quite the right term, in my mind.
8. Recently, I've become very careful as to whom I become attached. Especially when it comes to, *ahem*, males. I'm only sixteen, so I'm not planning on dating any time soon, but I still will a crush here and there.
9. On that note, I think it is completely wonderful to be attracted to someone at an age like sixteen. I don't necessarily believe that you should be out dating, but a harmless crush is, well, harmless. And right now, I'm so happy that the person (why yes, there is one, thankyouverymuch) is someone I don't feel bad about liking. He's a good Christian boy. I have a feeling it won't work out for various reasons that are beyond my control, but again, I'm only sixteen, so it doesn't matter! It's just fun to get all giggly and bubbly-tummied over someone who you think is a total dreamboat. ;)
10. Oh, here's a secret for you! I'm a little nervous that some of my readers will read those last few "secrets" and think poorly of me. But I'm going to leave them there. Why? I don't know. I knew a meme about secrets was going to get uncomfortable....
11. I can't not talk. So what do I do when I'm by myself at home? I talk. To myself. "Oh, haha, I can't believe you just did that." "Oh dear, oh dear, I have so much laundry to fold." "Mmm... this sandwich is delightful!"
12. It's very rare that I talk to myself in my normal mode of speech. Usually I speak in Italian (what little I know), put on a British accent, put on a really heavy Southern accent, or anything else I'm feeling like that day. Weird, I know.
13. I blog-stalk people. If someone I even just vaguely know has a blog, I'm all over it like white on rice. And I will check that thing every day until you put new posts up. I'm a voracious blog-reader.
14. I'm a terrible photographer, but I really enjoy editing pictures. I use Picnik and paint.net, usually in conjunction with each other. That header up there? I put the three of my own pictures together on Paint.net, uploaded it to Picnik, and used lobo-ish, cross process, boost, and some other things that I don't remember to give it a vintage feel, and then I added the text.
15. I also like to make blog buttons. All but two of those on my side bar were made by me. (By the way, if you want a blog button, contact me and I'll be happy to make one for you! My email for the blog is email@example.com)
16. 14 and 15? That's the extent of my technology knowledge. You're welcome. I just get confused....
17. I have issues with listening, but none whatsoever with talking. Strange, no?
18. I often feel like if I put up too many blog posts in a day, people will get annoyed. Yet for some reason, this is my third post of the day. Will wonders never cease? (And yes, I DID do school today.)
19. I love having friends. I wish everybody in my online classes would send me copious amounts of emails. (Please? I love you guys. All of you. Every. Single. One. Of. You.)
20. I think this girl is gorgeous, and she's the best female photographer I've ever met. (Well, met online. I've never met her in real life. Love you, Annie!)
21. I think this girl is incredibly stylish, and she has amazing hair, is as flippin' cute as can be, and was my first great online friend! Plus, her writing cracks me up, and her photos (that she edits on Picnik!!) are amazing.
22. I think this girl is so strong and brilliant. She's lovely on the outside, lovely on the inside, and we agree on everything. Except she doesn't like leggings. But that's a story for another day....
23. I prefer being called Carolina over Caroline. It rolls off the tongue quite nicely. But, no matter which form, I love hearing people with accents say my name. It makes me so happy. Every time. I would tell these people that, but then they would think I was weird.
24. I assume you're beginning to get that impression about me yourself, no? How's this one for you, then, if you're not already convinced: I only drink milk if it has ice in it.
25. Yup, weird right? And last but not least.... When I'm embarrassed or flustered, my face, neck, and skin near my clavicles turn beet red. And I don't even like to wear turtle necks! It makes awkward situations even more so.
Have I scared you away yet? I hope not! I'm just gonna go crawl in a corner! And pretend you didn't read any of that!
No seriously. Let's keep all this between us, ok?