Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday part three

Happy Thankful Thursday, everyone!

Today I'm thankful for....

1.  A great Italian teacher!  I've been progressing as steadily as I can, and dear Monia makes it so much easier.

2.  Rainy weather.  Some may not like it, but I'm enjoying it immensely.  I think November in Rome is my favorite. :)

3.  Johann Gutenberg.  This probably sounds like a crazy one to have on the list... but I've been reading about him for history this week, and his invention of the printing press was so vital to the world and the Reformation.  Truly unbelievable.

4.  My best friend.  She makes me laugh when I'm trying not to cry, and she understands me.  I can go off in a British accent out of nowhere and she doesn't even ask.  That takes a very special person.

5.  Warm pasta with olive oil and sea salt.... nice on a cold, rainy afternoon.

6.  My wellies.  Not only are they the cutest galoshes I could have ever found, but they keep my cold toes warm when Rome begins to feel more like Venice.... streets of water!

7.  Inside jokes.  To quote Michael Scott from The Office... "I love inside jokes.  I would love to be a part of one someday."  :)

8.  Zyrtec.  Man, am I ever thankful for Zyrtec.  I ran out and had to go without it for three days, and I was so itchy every second of the day and my skin looked terrible.  After just one night of being back on it, I feel amazing.  And plus, I no longer look like I was attacked by Wolverine.

9.  My school.  By that I mean my online school where I've taken classes for three years.  There's something about this group of people that just makes me so happy.  I can't wait to meet y'all in June!

10.  My mom and dad, for working so hard to give me the best education I can get.  Though some days it's hard and sometimes I may seem frustrated with school, I'm still thankful that you care enough about me to give me what I need.

What are you thankful for today?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude, Vulgar, and/or Offensive comments will be deleted promptly. So play nice, kids. :)