Thursday, October 21, 2010

Caffeine, College, and Eyeballs, oh my!

I'm up to my eyeballs in homework right now, but I thought I'd drop in and say a quick hello.  No, I simply have no time for the weekly Random Dozen meme, and I also simply have no time to form relatively coherent sentences.

I've discovered in the past few weeks that caffeine... does not have an ounce of effect on me.  Whatsoever.  Except to prevent withdrawal headaches.  But, alas, I can not stop drinking my coffee.  Americano, cappuccino, espresso, macchiato, caffe latte, you name it, I'll drink it.  I can't quit.

So, without any energy stimulation, I'm pushing through all my work, and I tell ya, my head's about to roll off my neck.  I don't want to see a time-line ever again, nor do I want to have to squint at a tiny picture on Google Images trying to find a place that I'm suppose to mark on my map for geography.  And yet, I'm not disliking school, somehow.  Some tasks, yes, are more tedious than others, but this has been my favorite year of school so far.  I'm doing well, and plan on furthering this streak.... all the way through college.

Speaking of college, I have to write an application essay for an assignment in school.  It's not actually for me to send to a college, but it's for practice.  I'm doing the application essay from Covenant College, seeing as that's where I intend to spend my university years.  I ask that you pray for me, because I'm inching up to college, slowly but surely, and I want to make the right decisions.  Thinking about my life, say, a year and a half or two years from now makes me nervous, to say the least.

And now, I must get going.  My eyeballs just popped out of their sockets and I must retrieve them.

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude, Vulgar, and/or Offensive comments will be deleted promptly. So play nice, kids. :)