Sunday, October 24, 2010

My weekend: In list form

I'm in a bit of a writing rut.  I haven't been posting much, partially because it's been busy around here, and partly because I don't know what to say.  So I'll just tell you a bit what I've been doing, and try not to bore you to death.


  • Friday night, the NATO Defense College had a great International Night.  All of the people from different countries would put together a table of foods from their country.  For instance, all the Americans got together and served up chili, brownies, and apple pie.  It was, for us, very simple, but all of the non-Americans were thrilled!  Especially with the brownies; I guess if you were newly introduced to squares of concentrated chocolate, you'd be thrilled too.

  • International Night wasn't just about the food... there was a raffle (We won plates from Azerbaijan) and dancing!  It was a bunch of fun, and "I could have danced all night, I could have danced all night, and still have begged for more..."  (Name that movie.)

  • Yesterday, Saturday, we went to a Van Gogh exhibit.  Mom wasn't feeling well, so she dropped out, though she really wanted to go.  Dad and I may have gotten a wee bit lost on our way there, but we made it in time.  It was very interesting, though I had a little bit of trouble understanding our tour guide, because she had a heavy Italian accent.  I love the way Van Gogh paints; and it's so hard not to want to touch it because he globs it so thick that it's 3D!

  • After the exhibit, I myself wasn't feeling great.  I attributed it to dehydration, and Dad and I went searching for some Gatorade or something with electrolytes.  As if I know what that means.  Furthermore, we were delayed when my dad was about to buy one from a street stand and asked how much.  The man said "Four."  FOUR EURO FOR A GATORADE?  That's almost six American dollars.  Dad just looked dumbfounded and said, "No way, that is far too much."  And we left.  We did find a cheaper Powerade later though.

  • Last night, I ate a lot of Fritos.  

  • Today, we're going shopping!  I've been needing some warmer clothes, so we're going to go to the big H&M on Via del Corso.  H&M is my favorite store.  In the world.  Ever.

  • Tomorrow, my dear and darling grandparents, Gammy and Bebob, are flying in to see me. :)  I can't wait!  

  • I miss my brother so, so very much.

  • I miss Hawaii so, so very much.

  • I love Italy so, so very much.

  • Italians need to learn to be a little bit more patient, so, so very much

  • Meaning: they should really quite banging the elevator door from two floors below when we're on our way down already, gosh!

  • But I love Italy so, so very much.

  • And it's so cold here that I saw my breath the other day! I was so thrilled I think I might have squealed.  This squealing caused more breath in front of my face which caused more squealing..... and so on and so forth.

And thus ends my incoherent post on what I've been up to.  I just ended a sentence with a preposition... ew.  Let's try again.

And thus ends my incoherent post on that to which I've been up.

Hmm.  Doesn't have the same ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude, Vulgar, and/or Offensive comments will be deleted promptly. So play nice, kids. :)