Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Digital Nation

I had to watch a documentary on technology and the ways it applies to the world today, and I thought I would share it with you.  It was very interesting, and rather enlightening.

Click here to watch.

The video talked a lot about multi-tasking and teenagers today, and as I was watching I looked up at all of the internet tabs I had open.  I, rather surprisingly, noticed I had my email open, my school website open, my blog dashboard open, an online text for school open, and also Google was open.

I immediately closed all the other open tabs except the documentary, and I noticed that I kept having the urge to "real quick" just flick over to see if I had a new email.  When I didn't let myself reopen another tab to check it, I felt strange and disconnected.

And very, very ashamed.

Where previously I might have touted the fact that I don't text anyone except when very necessary, and the fact that I don't have a Facebook or MySpace and that I read books, I realized I'm no different.  I'm always blogging, "quickly" checking my email, reading blogs, etc.

This documentary opened my eyes, and I'm very happy I watched it.  I strongly advise you to watch it as well.

Even if it means exiting my blog, though I know it will pain you deeply. ;)

Ciao,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude, Vulgar, and/or Offensive comments will be deleted promptly. So play nice, kids. :)