Monday, October 25, 2010

Would someone please hug the inventor of Dove dark chocolate pieces?

My dear, wonderful Gammy and Bebob landed safely in Rome!  I'm thrilled that they're here, and we are going to have a marvelous time.

Today, when I was in my geometry class, they went for a walk and got some coffee at our local cafe, and after that we all hoofed it over to the market so that I could make dinner.  I picked up some guanciale (the meat around a pig jaw... like bacon, but BETTER), tomato sauce, pasta, bread, and some other things we need for breakfast and so on and so forth.

When we got home, I cooked supper.  Oh my word, and it was tasty. And I'm not saying that because I have some sort of massive ego; it's the recipe.  Who could go wrong throwing guanciale, tomato sauce and pasta together?  That recipe.... good gracious I cain't take it.  It's so, so tasty.  Delightful, even.

After that we did the dishes and cleaned up, and I'm sitting typing this blog post in my pajamas.  And eating dark chocolate. It sounds disgraceful and I should be ashamed, but if it's wrong, I just don't really see the point in being right.

Tomorrow, we shall hop on a train to Trastevere and I'm going to take them to some delightful bakeries and pizzerias to taste test some legitimate Italian grub, and we'll have a grand ol' time, I'm sure of it.

Until next time, ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude, Vulgar, and/or Offensive comments will be deleted promptly. So play nice, kids. :)