Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cover Me

I've noticed a growing phenomenon in, especially young, musicians today.  During their concerts, they often cover songs by other people.  I think this is a great idea!  It probably gets tedious singing your own songs over and over again, and it would be a fun respite from the repetition.

So, it got me thinking.  If I were a famous singer and I had a concert, what songs would I cover?  Well, I was looking for something to blog about, and here it is.

My list of would-do covers:


  • Gravity, by Sara Bareilles. I'm a sucker for ballads, and this one is so pretty.
  • A Year Without Rain, by Selena Gomez.  Call me crazy, but I find this song extraordinarily catchy.  I love singing this one.
  • Home, by Michael Buble.  It's how I feel at the moment.
  • Hallelujah, by... well a lot of people have done this one.  I really, really, really like this song.  It's so purty.
  • Anyway, by Martina McBride.  Very inspirational; very powerful.
  • Twist in my Story; Secondhand Serenade.  Another ballad.  I really like this one.
  • Cowboy Casanova, by Carrie Underwood.  This one is desperately fun.  
  • Amelia, by Matthew Perryman Jones.  I don't know why, but this is one of my favorite songs in the world.  It makes me want to name my daughter Amelia when I grow up.  
  • Don't Speak, by No Doubt.  Can't go wrong with some good ol' Gwen Stefani. :-)
  • Party in the U.S.A.  by little miss Miley Cyrus.  Don't shoot me... this one would be for a good laugh, and because it gets a crowd going.  But I might do this version... "Party in the PCA"
  • It's Oh So Quiet, by Lucy Woodward.  This song is very strange, a tad avant garde, but it's fun to sing.
  • Halo, by Beyonce.  Though I know I could never do it justice. 
  • And for my finale, Blaze of Glory by Bon Jovi.  Yep, I went there.
There you have it.  I'm sure there are more, this is just to name a few.  I love music, and have very odd musical taste. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude, Vulgar, and/or Offensive comments will be deleted promptly. So play nice, kids. :)