So, it got me thinking. If I were a famous singer and I had a concert, what songs would I cover? Well, I was looking for something to blog about, and here it is.
My list of would-do covers:
- Gravity, by Sara Bareilles. I'm a sucker for ballads, and this one is so pretty.
- A Year Without Rain, by Selena Gomez. Call me crazy, but I find this song extraordinarily catchy. I love singing this one.
- Home, by Michael Buble. It's how I feel at the moment.
- Hallelujah, by... well a lot of people have done this one. I really, really, really like this song. It's so purty.
- Anyway, by Martina McBride. Very inspirational; very powerful.
- Twist in my Story; Secondhand Serenade. Another ballad. I really like this one.
- Cowboy Casanova, by Carrie Underwood. This one is desperately fun.
- Amelia, by Matthew Perryman Jones. I don't know why, but this is one of my favorite songs in the world. It makes me want to name my daughter Amelia when I grow up.
- Don't Speak, by No Doubt. Can't go wrong with some good ol' Gwen Stefani. :-)
- Party in the U.S.A. by little miss Miley Cyrus. Don't shoot me... this one would be for a good laugh, and because it gets a crowd going. But I might do this version... "Party in the PCA"
- It's Oh So Quiet, by Lucy Woodward. This song is very strange, a tad avant garde, but it's fun to sing.
- Halo, by Beyonce. Though I know I could never do it justice.
- And for my finale, Blaze of Glory by Bon Jovi. Yep, I went there.